Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Peace came to earth at last that chosen night when angels clove the sky with song and light and God embodied love and sheathed his might--Who could but gasp: Immanuel! Who could but sing: Immanuel! ("Peace Came to Earth" - Text:Jaroslav J. Vajda, b 1919)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 4.31-44-And standing over her, He rebuked the fever, and it left her; and she immediately got up and waited on them.
Ezekiel 46-47-...and it was a river that I could not ford, for the water had risen, enough water to swim in, a river that could not be forded.
Isaiah 65-It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Matthew 2.13-23-A voice was heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children; and she refused to be comforted, because they were no more.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I bring My presence and peace into your world of death and illness. I AM among you in Word, in Flesh, in Life. I bring peace and healing and life. I answer before you call and I hear before you speak. Now have faith and trust in Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Here in my world of sin, death, illness and war, I learn.
I learn that I am drowning in it all by myself.
I learn that I cannot save myself.
Even when I think I have the answer; I find out that it just doesn't quite get it done.
When I think I can handle it on my own; I begin to drown.
Here in my world of sin, death, illness and war, I learn.

Then You decide to be with me in this miserable place.
You take the risk and come to me in flesh and blood.
You make Your presence known and bring peace and healing and life.
You bring to life a Love that is beyond comprehension.
You bring Light into darkness and show Your presence.
Then You decide to be with me in this miserable place.

You show a different way.
You recreate life out of death.
You bring health to illness.
You forgive the sinful and redeem the lost.
You change this world forever and make creation new again.
You show a different way.

I drown to my selfish life and am brought out of the water refreshed and renewed.
You drown me in the waters of Your life giving water.
Daily You wash me clean from sin.
You wash me and prepare me for service in Your newly created Kingdom.
Redeemed, forgiven and renewed; I gladly run and jump to serve and follow You.
I drown to my selfish life and am brought out of the water refreshed and renewed.

You die for the children and wipe away all tears.
When we mourn for our children and feel lost in it all.
You die on a cross and show us a greater Love.
You show a love that transcends death and brings Life.
You replace mourning with an eternal joy.
You die for the children and wipe away all tears.

Peace and Life and Light came to earth at last on that chosen night.
You came as a child, small and weak.
You died as a King mighty and strong.
You rose victorious to bring Life from death.
You live forever in the hearts of Your chosen.
Peace and Life and Light came to earth at last on that chosen night.

You are forever my Savior, my Lord, my King.
You are my center, my priority, my love.
You are my God and my One and only.
I praise you eternally, Father, Redeemer and Spirit.
You are glorious above and within and around.
You are forever my Savior, my Lord, my King.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I'm so glad that You came to this earth. I'm so glad that you came to me. Inhabit my being, within, around, above, behind, and in front of. Wrap Your Spirit throughout me. May I drown in the waters of my baptism to sin this day. May I emerge from those waters, new and refreshed and sent into Your Kingdom to serve in faithful love. I'm ready, Lord, send me this day! ---Amen

No comments: