Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 12th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
On Jordon's bank the Baptist's cry announces that the Lord is nigh; awake and hearken, for he brings glad tidings of the King of kings! ("On Jordan's Bank the Baptist's Cry" - Text:Charles Coffin, 1676-1749; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 1.1-11-...He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Ezekiel 18-Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you. Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit!
Isaiah 47-Each has wandered in his own way...
Matthew 12.33-37-You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good?
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Wake up! Repent! Turn from your evil and face Me! I will change you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I hear the prophet crying in the wilderness.
I hear the voice of the Shepherd bidding me to turn and follow.
I hear You speaking in the wind.
I hear Your forgiving cry from the cross.

I turn to You and humbly confess my sin.
I turn to You and seek forgiveness.
I turn to You and wait on salvation.
I turn to You and wait for change.

You act and forgive me.
You act and call me.
You act and change me.
You act and send me.

I hear...
I turn...
You act...

I respond with joy and thanksgiving overflowing in Your Love.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear the cry of the baptist in the wilderness. I heed the need to repent. I feel You changing me. You act and come down to save. I respond. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: