Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
He came down that we may have love; he came down that we may have love; he came down that we may have love; hallelujah forevermore. ("He Came Down" - Text:Cameroon traditional)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 3-Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.
Ezekiel 23-Therefore, thus say the Lord GOD, "Because you have forgotten Me and cast Me behind your back, bear now the punishment of your lewdness and your harlotries."
Isaiah 51-But My righteousness will be forever, and My salvation to all generations.
Matthew 11.2-11-Go and report to John what you hear and see: the blind receive sight and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the Gospel preached to them.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I came down in love. I came down to you as a child. I came down to you as a king. I came down to you as a friend. Turn around and face me in love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You came down.
You came down to me as a child.
You came down to me as a king.
You gloriously came down to save me.
As I hear John in the wilderness, may I heed his call.
I repent and seek You, for You came down.
You came down and show Your Love.
You came down to care for all generations.
You came down and save us from sin and death.
Lord, You came down.

I go reporting what I have seen in You.
I go reporting what I hear about You.
You came down and entered my life.
You came down and came into my heart.
You came down and came to my door.
You came down and invited me out to play.
You came down and taught me Love.
You came down and taught me compassion.
You came down and made me alive in You.
I go reporting what I have seen and heard about You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
How happy I am that You came down. How happy I am that You came to me. How happy I am that You forgive sin. How happy I am that You walk with me. How happy I am... ---Amen

No comments: