Monday, December 24, 2007

December 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her king; let every heart prepare him room and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and heaven and nature sing. ("Joy to the World" - Text: Isaac Watts, 1674-1748)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 1.57-80-And you child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the LORD to prepare His ways; to give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the Sunrise from on high will visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Ezekiel 35-36-Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe my ordinances.
Isaiah 59-Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear.
Luke 1-67-80-And the child continued to grow and to become strong in spirit...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
A child is born this day. No, not the Child, Jesus...but you; My chosen child. You are born this day with a new heart. Not that stone heart of sin, but a new heart of loving compassion. Now go out and shout about the Child about to be born to all the world that will save all from sin. My child, I want you to proclaim the birth of My Child.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
John was born to proclaim the coming of Jesus.
I was born to proclaim the coming of Jesus.
John told the people to turn from sin and repent.
I turn from sin and repent.
John struggled in the desert and sought Your Voice.
I struggle in the desert and listen to Your Voice.
You call John to proclaim Your message.
You call me to shout "Joy to the world, the Lord has come!"


As Jesus comes into this world...
As Jesus is soon to be born...
Let my heart be prepared.
Let my confession be heard.
Let my upper room be clean and ready.
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.
Feed me compassion, love and the fire to act.
Fill me with Your Love and Your Child.

I welcome the Child into my life.
I welcome the King into my upper room.
I hunger for the bread and wine and the body and blood.
I look towards the "House of Bread" and see the Child.
I kneel in wonder at the base of the manger while at the base of the cross.
I am overwhelmed by the Love contained within and upon.
I know of my God who reaches His hand way down to lift me up.
I go in joy to shout Your saving grace to all the world.

Fill my heart with Your Spirit.
Fill my heart with Your Child.
Fill my heart with the joy and hope.
Bring me to the place that where my fear meets hope.
Show me how hope overcomes fear.
Send me with Your Word in my heart.
Send me in joy to proclaim Your Grace to all the world.
Send me to proclaim the birth of a Child into the hearts of His children.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Here I am, Your child. I give You thanks for Your Child. I give You thanks for Jesus. Be born into my heart this day. Use me to proclaim Your glorious coming. Use me to act out Your Love. Come in power into the hearts of all Your children. Come, Lord Jesus, come! ---Amen

No comments: