Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
All my heart again rejoices as I hear, far and near, sweetest angel voices; "Christ is born," their choirs are singing, till the air everywhere now with joy is ringing. ("All My Heart Again Rejoices" - Text:Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
--- --- ---


Readings of the Day
Luke 2.21-52-The Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.
Ezekiel 38-39-"I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I will have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel," declares the Lord GOD.
Isaiah 61-I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness...
Acts 7.59-8.8-And on that day a great persecution began against the church...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Even though I am with you now; this doesn't mean life will be all easy. You will endure persecution for My sake. But you will grow in faith and love and learn how to give yourself up for others. In this is life.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I hear the angelic choirs singing Your praise.
The voices are sweet to my ear.
I feel Your nearness as You clothe me in salvation.
I know that Christ has been born in my soul.

You give me growth in faith and hope.
You bring me to know Your Love.
Your face shines brightly on my face.
I know that Christ has been born in my soul.

I am glad to be wrapped in Your robe of suffering.
I willingly take on the persecution for You.
You loved me so deeply that you came to this earth to live, to die, to love and save all.
I know that Christ has been born in my soul.

In joy...
In pain...
In love...
I know that Christ has been born in my soul.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Sometimes life is a mixed bag. There is the joy of your birth. There is the happiness of Your coming into my heart. And there is the pain and death and suffering and persecution of those that take a stand for You. I gladly take that stand this day...in joy...in pain... in love. I know that You have been born in my soul and that can never be taken away. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: