Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Yet I believe beyond believing that life can spring from death, that growth can flower from our grieving, that we can catch our breath and turn transfixed by faith. ("Each Winter As the Year Grows Older" - Text: William Gay, b. 1920, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 2.12-30-Do all things without grumbling or disputing...
Ezekiel 21-22-You have despised My holy things and profaned My sabbaths.
Isaiah 50-Who is among you that fears the LORD, that obeys the voice of His servant, that walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.
Psalm 146.5-10-How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Only I can spring life from death. I do this through the death of Jesus. Out of Jesus death to your sin comes life. Die to your sin and live in Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Whew! There are times that I can really stink this place up!
There are times that I run from You in to opposite direction.
There are times that I lose sight of You and think I can straighten this mess out on my own.

Then it all falls apart.
My life caves in.
I am lost and without direction.

It's funny how, even in these times, I find You are with me.
When I think I'm the furthest from You, I find You right by my side.
When I'm facing the opposite direction; You tap me on my shoulder and show Your presence.

In these times, You reach out with loving arms.
You touch me and teach me.
You gently guide me back to where I should be.

When I'm lost and in death, You come to me and rescue me.
You give Your life for me.
You love me and heal me and forgive me and call me Your own.

You just beat all!
I can't figure out why You even care about me.
But You do! Why?

I'm sure glad though.
I'm glad that You are my Friend and Savior.
I'm glad that You love me.

My Friend, I love You!
No other emotion would ever do.
Without a doubt, I love You!

I give my life to You.
You showed me how to die to give life.
I give my life to You.

Now, because of You, my grumbling and arguing, has turned into joy and dancing.
I celebrate a Love and Hope beyond imagination.
I live a life of Love in You!

Hope springs to life from You.
Love takes flesh through You.
Love lives through You!

Thanks, My Friend!
Thanks, My Savior!
Thanks, My God!

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You sure have a way about Yourself. You have a way that turns death into life. That turns despair into joy. That turns me around to You. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: