Sunday, December 02, 2007

December 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Hark, the glad sound! The Savior comes, the Savior promised long; let every heart prepare a throne and every voice a song. ("Hark, the Glad Sound" - Text: Philip Doddridge, 1702-1751)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Galatians 5.16-26-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Ezekiel 1-...the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
Psalm 148-Praise the LORD from the earth...
Matthew 24.36-44-Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Prepare your heart. I come into your heart. I give faith, hope, love and salvation. You will be transformed. You will be renewed. You will live life. You will be. Prepare your heart. I come...
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, Your salvation sweeps me clean and free from sin.
You have prepared an upper room and cleaned it in all Your glory.
In Your upper room are bread and wine,
In Your upper room You reveal Your plan.
In Your upper room You show salvation.
You are there in Your upper room.
Come now Lord Jesus to my upper room.
Come now Lord Jesus into my heart.
Sweep it clean.
Clean of sin and selfishness and all evil.
Come now Lord Jesus to my upper room.
Let us feast on Your awesome Spiritual Fruit.
In my upper room feed me that life giving bread and wine.
In my upper room let us bathe each other in life-giving water.
In my upper room let me wash the feet of friend and neighbor.
In my upper room let me wash Your feet.
In my upper room, hear my praise and thanksgiving.
Come, Lord Jesus, come to my upper room.
Come to this upper room, I prepare for You.
I love Your presence in my upper room.
Thanks be to God!
You come!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Come, Lord Jesus, to my upper room. I can't wait for Your presence. I will wait for Your presence. Come! ---Amen








No comments: