Monday, December 03, 2007

December 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Light one candle to watch for Messiah: let the light banish darkness. He shall bring salvation to Israel, God fulfills the promise. ("Light One Candle to Watch for Messiah" - Text: Wayne L. Wold, b. 1954)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Galatians 6-The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.
Ezekiel 2-3-As He spoke to me the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speaking to me.
Psalm 149-Sing to the LORD a new song, and His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.
Genesis 8.1-19-Then God spoke to Noah, saying, "Go out of the ark..."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will banish the darkness for you. I AM Light. I show you your sin. I fill you with My Spirit. I gift you and call you and send you. Now go out with praises of joy to serve in My Kingdom.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I see Your Light this day.
Especially in the darkness of my sin; I see Your Light.
You are the Light of the world.

Jesus my Savior who lights up the darkness.
In Your Light I see the cross.
I see the Love of the Light.
I know of the Spirit of the Light.
I experience grace in that Light.
Enter me this day and set me on my feet.
Let me hear the voice of that Light.
Show me the way of the Light.
Fill me with Your Light and send me out.

I see Your Light this day.
Especially in the darkness of my sin; I see Your Light.
You are the Light of the world.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord Jesus, You are Light. You Light my world. Call me, gift me, send me this day. ---Amen

No comments: