Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, Lord, our Savior, Jesus Christ; our hearts are open wide in trust. Oh, show us now your lovely grace, upon our sorrows shine your face, and let your Holy Spirit guide our journey in your grace so wide. We praise your holy name, form age to age the same! ("Fling Wide the Door" - Text:Georg Weissel, 1590-1635; tr. Gracia Grindal, b. 1943)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 1.1-25-And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense.
Ezekiel 33-So when it comes to pass--as surely it will--then they will know that a prophet has been in their midst.
Isaiah 57-And it will be said, "Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstacle out of the way of My people."
Psalm 80.1-7, 17-19-O God of hosts, restore us and cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have prepared for My coming to you. Now, you prepare for My coming to you. I remove all the obstacles...accept Me and live in Me. Prepare yourself for My coming; it will be beyond anything you could ever imagine.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Messengers and angels and Word from Scripture...
You send all to give me a clue.
You make it all so obvious to me.
You are in my face with all the evidence.
Yet I still am slow to understand.
I'm slow to figure it all out.
Even when all the facts are right in front of my face.
I'm so slow.
You make Your face shine on me and warm me.
Then there seems to be this point of awakening.
Sometimes it's just a little thing that triggers it.
I have that Aha! moment and I know of Your presence.
I hear Your voice.
I see Your Word clearly.
I emerge from my speechless state of being.
I shout to all the world with joy and thanksgiving.
I finally get it.
I receive You into my life.
I live for You and love You ever so deeply.
My heart bursts wide open and trust builds to such a deep level.
Come, Lord Jesus, come.
Your glory overwhelms me in excitement and joy.
And all this with only a peek at Your presence.
What joy when You are here!
I can only imagine!
I can only hope!
I can only trust!
I can surely love!
Come, Lord Jesus, come!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You arrive and it's all way beyond what I ever imagined it would be. Come, Lord Jesus, come! ---Amen

No comments: