Tuesday, December 25, 2007

December 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymns of the Day
Ah, dearest Jesus, holy child, prepare a bed, soft, undefiled, a quiet chamber in my heart, that you and I may never part. ("From Heaven Above" - Text:Martin Luther, 1483-1546; tr. Lutheran Book of Worship)

Hail the heaven born Prince of peace! hail the Sun of righteousness! Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings. Mild he lays his glory by, born that we no more may die, born to raise each child of earth, born to give us second birth. Hark! The herald angels sing, "Glory to the newborn king!" ("Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" - Text:Charles Wesley, 1707-1788, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 2.1-20-But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Ezekiel 37-Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones, "Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life."
Isaiah 60-"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I AM here. I have always been here. Here with you and in your heart. Born this day to give you second birth. Breathe in My Spirit, see My Light and live anew this day. I AM here, born to you. Now live! Live and give your life to Me and to your neighbor in need. That's real life. Life you give away in active Love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You are gloriously here today!
Thanks be to God! You are here!
Here in the center of my heart.
Here to take my place.
Here to breath second life into my heart.
I replace myself with Your Life in my heart.
You gave Your Life for my life.
In joyous response, I give my life to You.

You brought Light and Life this day to all people.
You bring Joy and Peace today.
You mildly lay salvation on all people.
You were born this day, so that we no more may die.
Born to give us second birth.
Through your birth, we are born anew.
Glory to You my Lord, my Savior, my Child, my Love, my Life.
In joyous response, I give my life to You.

How I was so afraid at first.
I was afraid to give my life.
I was afraid to lose control.
But You showed me a different way.
You showed me a radical way to live.
You showed good news of great joy in giving Life.
You showed me a Savior, born this day, that I run to see!
In joyous response, I give my life to You.

Through a Child You brought these dead bones to life.
Through a Child You cast sin and death away from me.
In my new birth, You cast a new breath into me.
In this new birth, You brought these dead sinful bones to life.
And today in new birth, I arise and shine to see the New Light of Life!
In new birth, I hear the angels proclaim the glory of God made flesh.
In new birth, in new life, in new love, I run, I shout, I gladly sing, and...
In joyous response, I give my life to You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord Jesus, my Child, my Savior, my Lord, my King, You have been born in my heart this day. You brought me a new and wonderfully refreshing breath. You bring these dead, sinful bones to life in You. I give my life to You. Use me this day and all days to give my life to those You send to me, those for whom I can gain no favor, those for whom You would have me give my life to for no advantage of my own. Use my life this day. I give it away to You to give away to whomever You choose. Lord Jesus, my Child, I love You! I give my life to You. I give You thanks for the Your Life given to me. You are my Child, my Savior, my Lord, my King, my center of being. Thanks be to God for this marvelous second birth! ---Amen

No comments: