Monday, December 17, 2007

December 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Born thy people to deliver, born a child, and yet a king; born to reign in us forever, now thy gracious kingdom bring. By thine own eternal Spirit rule in all our hearts alone; by thine all sufficient merit raise us to thy glorious throne. ("Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus" - Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 4-And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Ezekiel 24-Thus you will be a sign to them, and they will know that I am the LORD.
Isaiah 52-How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announce peace and brings good news of happiness, who announce salvation, and says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 29.17-24-On that day the deaf will hear words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see. The afflicted also will increase their gladness in the LORD, and the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Look at the evidence; the blind see and the deaf hear, people are healed and there is a peace that surpasses the comprehension of the peace you know on earth. Look at the evidence and the presence of Me and know that I am with you to save you and give you life. Do you see the evidence?
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You come to me as Child and King.
You come to me humble yet powerful.
You come to me with peace that I can't understand.
You come and heal the sick.
You come and give sight to the blind.
You come and let the deaf hear.
You come and open Your Word to my mind.
You come and forgive my sin.
You come and feed the hungry.
You come and care for the poor.
You come and teach parables.
You come and raise the dead.
You come and suffer for my sin.
You come and die on a cross.
You come and are resurrected from the dead.
You come and reveal Yourself in Life giving glory.
You come and ascend into heaven.
You come and give Your Spirit.
You come and gift us.
You come and call us.
You come and send us.
You come and guide us.
You come into my heart.
You come...I sing...I shout...I proclaim Your salvation.
You come...I rejoice!
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
May the peace that passes all understanding keep my mind, heart, body, soul and all I have in You dear Lord and Savior. Come Lord Jesus, come. ---Amen

No comments: