Saturday, December 08, 2007

December 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Creator of the stars of night, your people's everlasting light, O Christ, redeemer of us all, we pray you hear us when we call. ("Creator of the Stars of Night" - Text:Latin hymn, 9th cent,; tr. Hymnal 1940, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 4.17-32-Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
Ezekiel 12-13-"...I will speak the word and perform it," declares the Lord GOD.
Isaiah 43-Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it:
Psalm 72.1-7, 18-19-Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who alone works wonders. And blessed be His glorious name forever; and may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen, and Amen.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I have come in love for all people. Be kind to one another. Care about each other. Show love to one another. See, how I come and perform My Word of Love in your midst. I love you; now you, love one another.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You created the stars above and the grass below.
You have done marvelous things with Your creation.
I stand in awe of Your creative power.
Your glory and power is beyond my imagination.
Your power is glorious to behold.

I look and You are everywhere.
I see You in the mountains.
I see You through the microscope.
I see You in the face of the homeless.
I see You in the caring heart of the serving.
I see Your face in Your Son, Jesus, sent to save us.
Your face in Jesus, Your Word made flesh.

Not only do You proclaim covenants; You live those covenants.
What You speak in Word comes into being.
You spoke Love and sent Love to redeem us.
You spoke kindness and lived kindness in Jesus.
Your Word is real, not just a "saying."

Teach me how to keep my words real.
Teach me kindness and self-control.
Teach me how to love others like You loved us.
Teach me Your Love.

Guide me in making Your Word active in my life.
Guide me in doing what Your Word instructs.
Guide me along the way as I give my life to You.

Help me to be tender-hearted to others.
Help me to be forgiving and caring towards Your children.
Speak Your Word through me and let me perform it too.

Change me and do something new with me.
You are my God who does wonders beyond imagination.
You are my God who I praise in eternity.
You are my God who fills the earth with Your glory.
You are me God who works wonders.

Fill me with Your wonder.
Fill me with Your Love.
Fill me and send me in active Love.
Your name is glorious, now and forever.
Amen and Amen!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Forgive my unkind and unloving heart. Give me the courage to seek forgiveness and to forgive. Humble me in my sin. Fill me with Your Love and send me in Your Love to love others in this world. Send me out loving and kind-hearted, to do Your will this day. ---Amen

No comments: