Friday, December 28, 2007

December 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O holy child of Bethlehem, descend to us, we pray; cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today. We hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell; oh, come to us, abide with us, our Lord Immanuel! ("O Little Town of Bethlehem" - Text:Phillips Brooks, 1835-1893)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 3.21-38-When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age...
Ezekiel 42-43-Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever.
Isaiah 63-So He became their Savior. In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them; in His love and in His mercy He redeemed them, and He lifted them and carried them all the days of old.
Matthew 18.1-14-So it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones perish.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I AM all about Life. I come to bring Life. I come to rescue you from death. I will dwell with you and bring you Life out of death.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I remember how children were killed in an attempt to kill You.
I think of how cruel and heartless we can be.
I think of war and disease and death and dying and wonder why it has to be.
I ponder accidents and disaster that have occurred in my lifetime and in the past.
Why all this death and dying?
Why all this amid a time when we think of the birth of a Savior?

Then I hear the music.
I hear how You risked all and came down to us.
How You come to cast out sin and enter in.
You enter my world to save me from this death I bring upon myself.
You descend to a place that You didn't need to descend to because You love me.
You come to the door of my heart and invite me out with You into this world.

Just as You began Your ministry, I go out that door with You and You show me my ministry.
We go out into this world of death, sin, accidents, disasters and show people Your Love.
We go out compassionate to how it all is and reach out and walk with and come to act in care.
In all the affliction, You become the Savior.
In all the pain, You teach me to reach out and to give my life to those who can do me no favor.
In death, we walk along and You create Life.

In the journey I begin to see...
In the journey outside my door I begin to realize...
In the journey with You, I begin to learn...
It is not Your will that these little ones should perish.
It is not Your will that we suffer.
It is Your will that we live Life in You.
It is Your will that we be saved!

Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, on this day when we think of the death of children, I ask You to be with those who live with death. Who mourn for their children who have died. I know You care and love the children. But today, I ask You to care and love for those who mourn the death of a child. Bring hope, and love, and memories sweet. Bring life out of death. Bring action out of mourning. Bring justice and peace to this world. Act through and in each of us that we may learn Your Love and how to pass Your Love onto and into each other. ---Amen

No comments: