Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
"Comfort, comfort now my people, tell of peace!" So says our God. Comfort those who sit in darkness mourning under sorrow's load. To God's people now proclaim that God's pardon waits for them! Tell them that their war is over; God will reign in peace forever. ("Comfort, Comfort Now My People" - Text: Johann G. Olearius, 1635-1711; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Colossians 1.24-2.19-...and in Him you have been made complete...
Ezekiel 27-28-...yet you are a man and not God...
Isaiah 54-Enlarge the place of your tent...
Matthew 8.14-17, 28-34-He touched her hand, and the fever left her...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Only I can heal you. Make ready, prepare and enlarge your heart, for I am coming soon. I will make you complete. I am the God of comfort and peace.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I am at war over myself.
I fail and try to be my own god.
You tell me of Your coming.
You teach me to prepare.
You tell me to enlarge the place of my tent.
Make me a temple for You.
Make my heart a place to worship You.
Enlarge the place of my tent for Your presence.
For I am a man and not god.
Only You are God.
Only through You am I made complete.
Come and touch me and heal me from sin.
Heal me from disease and war and death.
Through the touch of Jesus, heal me in Your special way.
End this war and reign in peace forever.
Come, Lord Jesus, come!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I wait for Your coming. I prepare for Your coming. I wait for Your coming. ---Amen

No comments: