Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
There's a voice in the wilderness crying, a call from the ways untrod: Prepare in the desert a highway, a highway for our God! The valleys shall be exalted, the lofty hills brought low; make straight all the crooked places where God, our God, may go! ("There's a Voice in the Wilderness" - Text:James Lewis Milligan, 1876-1961, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Colossians 1.1-23-For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.
Ezekiel 25-26-Hear the word of the Lord GOD!
Isaiah 53-But the LORD was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; if He would render Himself as a guilt offering, H will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
Ezekiel 47.1-12-By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food, Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows for the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for good and their leaves for healing.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Listen to the prophet. Prepare the way for Me. I AM coming to you. Coming to make you bear the fruit of healing. Coming to make you my own. Listen to the prophet. Prepare the way for Me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You tell me that You are coming to my place today.
You tell me that You are coming into my heart.
You tell me that I must be ready.
There is so much fun in the preparation of Your coming.
I busy myself in making my place clean and acceptable.
I look forward in anticipation of Your coming.
I pick up the place and sweep it clean.
Then You come. You come into my heart.
But You don't come into my house.
Instead, You invite me out to play in Your Kingdom.
I see that it's not about my place and how I have prepared it.
I see that it's about how You will prepare me.
I see that it's about Your place and my role in taking care of Your place.
So we go out together to care for Your place, Your Kingdom.
We work together in Your place, Your Church.
We work together caring for Your creation, Your world, Your people.
And my joy is made complete in the work.
My joy is made complete in working with and for You.
My joy is made complete in You being with me.
You paid a great price for me.
You gave Your life.
Now I gladly give my life to you.
What a joy to give it back to you.
What a joy to work, sweat and suffer for You.
What a joy You give when You came to my house, to my heart and we left to go into Your Kingdom.
What a joy You are to me.
You tell me that You are coming to my place today.
Thanks be to God!
Come, Lord Jesus, come!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I listen, I prepare, I anticipate, I look forward in joy to Your visit. Come, Lord Jesus, come, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: