Saturday, December 29, 2007

December 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Silent night, holy night! Son of God, love's pure light radiant beams from your holy face, with the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord, at your birth, Jesus, Lord, at your birth. ("Silent Night, Holy Night!" - Text:Joseph Mohr, 1792-1849; tr. John F. Young, 1820-1885)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Luke 4.1-30-And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.
Ezekiel 44-45-They shall enter My sanctuary; they shall come near to My table to minister to Me and keep My charge.
Isaiah 64-But now, O LORD, You are our Father, we are the clay, and You our potter; and all of us are the work of Your hand.
Psalm 20-May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble!
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
The Light of my Love beams from My face. I will enter the sanctuary of your heart, the very center of your being. I AM the Creator and I will form you by the works of my hand.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Your Light beams brightly throughout Your creation.
Your Life is lived and is at work in this world.
You are recreating this world into what You want it to be.
Walk by my side and use me in this recreation.
Use me to spread Your Love and be active in service to you.
Allow me to serve in the sanctuary and bring praise and glory to You.
Enter the sanctuary of my heart and be the center of my life.
Be the center of all I do and am.
Help me to hear You reading Your Word and make it alive.
Let me see the Word made flesh in You and in me.
Use my feet, my hands, my mind and all that I have to Your glory.
As I experience trouble, stay by my side and give me strength and growth and perseverance.
Your Light beams brightly throughout Your creation.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I see Your Light. I am drawn to Your Light. Let me hear Your Words and follow You. Use me this day, I pray and mold me into what You will. ---Amen

No comments: