Sunday, December 09, 2007

December 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Hark! a thrilling voice is sounding! "Christ is near," we hear it say, "Cast away the works of darkness, all you children of the day!" ("Hark! A Thrilling Voice Is Sounding" - Text:Latin hymn, 1632; tr. Edward Caswall, 1814-1878)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 5.1-20-Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Ezekiel 14-15-Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts and have put right before their faces the stumbling block of their iniquity.
Isaiah 44-I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud and your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.
Matthew 3.1-12-Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
My Kingdom is at hand. Turn to me and repent. Turn from your selfishness sin and face me. I AM coming soon. I AM coming into your heart. I AM near!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Here I am, Lord, stumbling in the darkness of my sin.
Making idols for myself to worship while in the darkness of my sin.
You show me the error and sinfulness of my way.
You make plain the path I am to follow.
Now, I turn to You, Lord, and seek forgiveness.
I repent of my sin before You and seek Your reconciliation.

You wipe out my transgressions as a thick cloud.
You clear away the cloud of my sin so that I behold Your Light.
I see the Light of the Child in the manger.
I see the active Love in Your Son Jesus.
I see the pain, death and suffering You endured to wipe out my sin.
You permit me to return to You, for You have redeemed me.

Having seen Your Love in Jesus, I run to be by Your side.
We run towards each other like children at play.
You are like incense in my nostrils, a pleasant aroma.
You are a fragrance drawing me ever closer to Your Way.
I imitate You as a child mocks their parents.
As Your child and friend I walk in love and give myself to You.

Yes! I hear that voice.
Christ is near!
I wait in patience to see Your face.
I know for certain You will knock on my door.
And we will play in Your Kingdom forever.
Christ is near! Christ is near!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Hear my repentance, Lord. Forgive my sin. I make ready for Your knock. I know You are near. I wait for You, my Savior, my Lord. You are near! Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: