Friday, December 14, 2007

December 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
My soul proclaims your greatness, Lord; I sing my Savior's praise! You looked upon my lowliness, and I am full of grace. Now every land and every age this blessing shall proclaim-- great wonders you have done for me, and holy is your name. ("My Soul Proclaims Your Greatness" - Text:With One Voice, 1995, based on the Magnificat)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Philippians 2.1-11-Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Ezekiel 20-"As I live, " declares the Lord GOD, "surely with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out, I shall be king over you."
Isaiah 49-...And all flesh will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
2 Peter 3.11-18-...regard the patience of our Lord as salvation...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Be humble, I AM your King. I humbled Myself to come into your world to save you from sin and death. Be patient and humble; these are gifts to you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I wait. I wait for You to come.
I look to You for salvation.
I am humble in the waiting.

You come to me in like form as myself.
You put on my clothes.
You walk my life.

You know the sin I have.
You know the pain I suffer.
You know how it is to be me.

You were obedient to the point of death.
You understand what it is to be human.
You love so deeply that You give Life for life.

You stretch out Your mighty hand of salvation.
You come to me and save me.
You are my Mighty King and Savior.

Now all flesh knows what act You have taken.
All flesh can see Your Grace.
You reveal Yourself in Love for all to see.

Glory to the Father!
Glory to the Son!
Glory to the Spirit!

Lord, I wait.
And You come.
Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Teach me humble patience. Teach me to wait. You will come. You are coming. You are here! ---Amen

No comments: