Tuesday, December 04, 2007

December 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Love caused your incarnation; love brought you down to me. Your thirst for my salvation procured my liberty. Oh, love beyond all telling, that led you to embrace in love, all love excelling, our lost and fallen race. ("O Lord, How Shall I Meet You" - Text:Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Ephesians 1-He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth.
Ezekiel 4-5-And because of all your abominations, I will do among you what I have not done, and the like of which I will never do again.
Psalm 150-Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Genesis 9.1-17-When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Look to My cross. See the Light on that cross, shining through the bow surrounding that cross. Light that illumines all the colors. Light that illumines Life. Look to My cross and see the Light of that Love come down for you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I look to the cross.
I see You in Light.
I see You in Love on that cross.
I see a rainbow.
I see the Light of that cross.
Light that illumines all the colors of the universe.
I see Light and Love.
I see the water of my baptism, in Love, made beautiful.
I see a cross.
I see the Light.
I see a rainbow illumined by the Light.
I see a promise.
I see salvation.
I see forgiveness.
I see mystery.
I see Light beyond imagination.
I see...
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Today Lord, I see Your cross. I see the Light of the world suffering and dying for my abomination of sin on that cross. I see Light illuminating the waters of my baptism into a colorful display of all the colors in the universe in a bow. Shine Your Light through me this day so that I may illuminate all Your colors in all Your glory in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: