Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ Jesus is the ground of faith, who was made flesh and suffered death; all who confide in Christ alone are built on this chief cornerstone. ("God Loved the World" - Text:Gesangbuch, Bollhagen, 1791; tr. August Crull, 1846-1923, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 7-Unlike the other high priests, he has no need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for those of the people; this he did once for all when he offered himself.
Exodus 3-4-Then the LORD said, "I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters. Indeed, I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them from the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey..."
Psalm 41-As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you."
Matthew 4.1-11-Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! for it is written, 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.'" Then the devil left him, and suddenly angels came and waited on him.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the Priest. I AM the Sacrifice. I AM the One Who Saves. I AM the Word made Flesh. I AM The Breath of Life. I AM WHO I AM.

Psalm of the Day
What awesome power You possess, Jesus!
What commanding presence You bring to this place.
Away with you, Satan!
I worship and serve only the Lord.
Jesus, my High Priest.
Jesus, the sacrifice.
You have observed our human failings and sin.
You have chosen to rescue us.
Through You we approach that land of milk and honey.
How I look forward to this land.
How I delight in the journey.
Life comes alive in and through You.
Adventures unknown are awesome with You.
How much joy, You have brought to Your people!
Your gracious love heals me from my sinfulness.
Your gracious love gifts me and uses me as Yours.
What awesome power You possess, Jesus, the Cornerstone of it all!

Prayer of the Day
I worship You, Lord Jesus! I kneel before Your awesome power. You are the cornerstone. You are Life. ---Amen

No comments: