Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ the life of all the living, Christ, the death of death, our foe, Christ, yourself for me once giving to the darkest depths of woe; through your suffering, death, and merit life eternal I inherit. Thousand, thousand thanks are due, dearest Jesus, unto you. ("Christ, the Life of All the Living" - Text:Ernst Christoph Homburg, 1605-1681; tr. Catherine Winkworth, 1827-1878, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 6.19-34-But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness...
Exodus 35-36-So the people were restrained from bringing; for what they had already brought was more than enough to do all the work.
Proverbs 16-Wisdom is a fountain of life to one who has it...
Genesis 29.1-14-Jacob went up and rolled the stone from the well's mouth, and watered the flock...

God's Word of the Day
See the suffering. See the dying. See My Love!

Psalm of the Day
How can I respond?
How can I help from responding?
I see all that You have done.
I see the Love that You have shown.
I know of the blessings You have granted.
Thousand thousand thanks are due.
But even that doesn't seem enough.
Even that would never be enough.
You rolled the stone from the tomb.
A Fountain of Life giving water emerged.
A Fountain of Life giving water poured out from that tomb.
You roll the stone from my heart.
Your Water pours into me.
My heart overflows.
My thankfulness exceeds myself.
I love You!
I serve You joyously and gladly and delightfully.
Thousand thousand thanks are due.
My Savior! My God!

Prayer of the Day
My heart overflows in thankfulness for all You have done and all You do. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: