Wednesday, February 27, 2008

February 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Of death I am no more afraid; your dying is my living. You clothe me in your royal robes that you are always giving. Your love is dress enough for me to wear through all eternity before the throne of heaven, where we shall stand close by your side, your church, the well appointed bride, when all the faithful gather. ("A Lamb Goes Uncomplaining Forth" - Text: Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676; tr. Lutheran Book of Worship, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 7-Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.
Exodus 37-38-Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood...He overlaid it with pure gold inside and outside...
Proverbs 17-The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.
John 7.14-31, 37-39-Let anyone who is thirsty come to me, and let the one who believes in me drink.

God's Word of the Day
Use the skills I give to My glory. Use them with the silver and gold. Love I freely give to you. Come to me and be refreshed with blessing. Then go using the skills I give to My glory.

Psalm of the Day
I come to You knocking, seeking Your company.
I come and You pull me into Your heart.
You pull me in and quench my thirst with Your Love.
You fill me with blessing.
You gift me with skills You desire for me to have.
Then we go out together.
We go out into Your Kingdom to serve.
I serve with the skills You have provided.
I serve and joyously use what You have given to me.
Working with You is so much fun!
Working in Your Kingdom is a treat.
Working with You is a test of heart.
My heart overflows with Your ever-living water.
And Your heart is overlaid with the pure gold of Life, inside and out.
I come to You knocking, seeking Your company.
I come and You pull me into Your heart.

Prayer of the Day
I come to You this day, Jesus. I come knocking and seeking You. Pull me into Your heart. Come into my heart. Now let's serve in Your Kingdom! ---Amen

No comments: