Friday, February 15, 2008

February 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Bring us, O Christ, to share the fullness of your joy; baptize us in the risen life that death cannot destroy. ("Restore in Us, O God" - Text:Carl P. Daw Jr., b.1944)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 11.1-21-By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible.
Exodus 13-14-The LORD went in front of them in a pillar of cloud by day, to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, so that they might travel by day and by night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.
Proverbs 5-Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. May her breasts satisfy you at all times; my you be intoxicatied always by her love.
Romans 3.21-31-For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a sacrifice of atonement by his blood, effective through faith.

God's Word of the Day
I will lead you. Follow the cloud, follow the pillar of fire, follow the Light, follow the cross. I will lead you.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You lead me through life.
You show me the way to go.
You make the invisible visible to me.
Your blessings are beyond description.
You give me daily bread.
You provide a wonderful family.
You bless me with fellowship and love.
You provide for all my needs.
Even though I have sinned, You save me.
Saved through and by the blood of Christ.
I run and jump and play boldly for You in Your Kingdom.
Lord, You lead me through life.
You show me the way to go.
You make the invisible visble to me.

Prayer of the Day
Forgiven and blessed and called and sent. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: