Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I was so lost, I should have died, but you have brought me to your side to be led by your staff and rod and to be called a lamb of God. O Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God, I love the holy Lamb of God. O wash me in your precious blood, my Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. ("Lamb of God" - Text: Twila Paris, b. 1958)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 5.1-20-In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
Exodus 28-29-Now this is what you shall offer on the altar: two lambs a year old regularly each day. One lamb you shall offer in the morning, and the other lamb you shall offer in the evening...
Proverbs 13-The light of the righteous rejoices, but the lamp of the wicked goes out.
Psalm 95-O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!

God's Word of the Day
I gave My Son as a sacrifice for your sin---kneel and worship Him.

Psalm of the Day
My Lamb of God!
My offering for sin.
Love above all.
Love beyond.
Light that shines.
Light of baptism.
Light in me.
Lamb of God.
Lamp lighting Life.
My Lamb of God!
I worship You!

Prayer of the Day
You are my Lamb, my Light, my Lamp. You alone I worship and adore! ---Amen

No comments: