Saturday, February 02, 2008

February 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Your city's built to music; we are the stones you seek; your harmony is language; we are the words you speak. Our faith we find in service, our hope in others' dreams, our live in hand of neighbor; our homeland brightly gleams. Inscribe our hearts with justice; your way the path untried; your truth the heart of stranger; your life the Crucified. ("Let Streams of Living Justice" - Text: William Whitla, b. 1934)

Readings of the Day
Luke 23.26-56-It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, while the sun's light failed; and the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Having said this, he breathed his last.
Genesis 42-My money has been put back; here it is in my sack!
Psalm 33-By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all their host by the breath of his mouth.
Luke 2.22-40-Master, now you are dismissing your servant in peace, according to your word; for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.

God's Word of the Day
I gave My Son's life for you.

Psalm of the Day
On that cross You took in all my sin.
You took on and became my sin.
On that cross, as my sin, You breathed Your last.
My sin died on that cross with Your last breath.
Your Spirit commended.
You rose again.
Your breath once again was given to me.
You breathe life into me.
You give me new life from death.
The breath of life, freely given.
The last breath of my sin, freely given.
My eyes have seen Your salvation.
Life put back in my sack.
All heavens made by Your breath.
Breath of Life.
Breathe on me.

Prayer of the Day
Speak Your Word through me today. Use Your breath of Life. Breathe on me and through me. I am Your servant. ---Amen

No comments: