Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Bane and blessing, pain and pleasure, by the cross are sancitified; peace is there that knows no mearsure, joys that through all time abide. ("In the Cross of Christ I Glory" - Text:John Bowring, 1792-1872)


Readings of the Day
Hebrews 8-Now the main point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a minister in the sanctuary and the true tent that the Lord, and not any mortal, has set up.
Exodus 5.1-6.27-I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my people, and I will be your God.
Proverbs 1-Hear, my child, your father's instruction; and do not reject your mother's teaching; for they are a fair garland for your head, and pendants for your neck.
1 Kings 19.1-8-He got up, and ate and drank; then he went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb the mount of God.

God's Word of the Day
Listen to Me. See the temple. See the priest. See My outstretched arms of love that save.

Psalm of the Day
You took the cross, a symbol of death.
You changed it into a symbol of life.
You took pain and brought out joy.
You feed me with the food of life.
I take You in and live.
Live for the journey, You give to me.
I live for You in Your Kingdom.
Saint and sinner; You continue to use me.
You took Your body and made it the Temple.
You became the One and only priest.
I listen to Your instruction daily.
Listen through the voice of Your Word.
Listen through the words of father, mother, elder, youth.
I hear Your wisdom and gain understanding.
Then, full of Your Word.
I go, in Your name.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I come to You and You welcome me. I listen to You and seek Your wisdom. You feed me and then send me. I go. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: