Sunday, February 03, 2008

February 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O day of peace that dimly shines through all our hopes and prayers and dreams, guide us to justice, truth, and love, delivered from our selfish schemes. May swords of hate fall from our hands, our hearts from envy find release, till by God's grace our warring world shall see Christ's promised reign of peace. ("O Day of Peace" - Text:Carl P. Daw Jr., b. 1944)

Readings of the Day
Luke 24.1-12-Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen.
Genesis 43-Rest assured, do not be afraid; your God and the God of your father must have put treasure in your sacks for you; I received your money.
Psalm 34-O taste and see that the LORD is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.
Matthew 17.1-9-This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am will pleased; listen to him!

God's Word of the Day
Listen to My Son. See what He has done. The price is paid.

Psalm of the Day
You paid the price for my sin.
You put the treasure in my soul.
I have received The Gift.
How happy I am because of You.
I listen to You.
You cease the warring.
You paid the price for my sin.

Prayer of the Day
What a price You paid. All honor and glory and praise to You, my Lord, my Savior, my God! ---Amen

No comments: