Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Behold, I freely give the living water, thirsty one; stoop down and drink and live." I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream; my thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in him. ("I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say" - Text: Horatius Bonar, 1808-1889)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 1-Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
Exodus 20-21-I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have not other gods before me.
Proverbs 9-Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.
Isaiah 65.17-25-Before they call I will answer, while they are yet speaking I will hear.

God's Word of the Day
Drink of the water I give. It gives life.

Psalm of the Day
I get thirsty for You, Lord.
I get thirsty and know of my need for You.
I come to You for refreshment.
I come to You for guidance.
I come to You with questions.
I find that You have heard me before I spoke.
I find that You have answered before I questioned.
I find that You have provided before I needed.
Your blessing is beyond what I can think about.
You are mystery to me.
You are my God and there will be no others.
I get thirsty for You, Lord.
I take in Body and Blood.
I take in Bread and Wine.
I take in Live giving Water.
You live in me.
I live through You.

Prayer of the Day
No other God but You. No other. My Savior! ---Amen

No comments: