Sunday, February 24, 2008

February 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
But tears of grief cannot repay the debt of love I owe; here, Lord, I give myself away: 'tis all that I can do. ("Alas! And Did My Savior Bleed" - Text:Isaac Watts, 1674-1748, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 5.21-48-Truly I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.
Exodus 30-32-You have sinned a great sin. But now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.
Proverbs 14-There is a way that seems right to a person, but its end is the way to death.
John 4.5-42-Then the woman left her water jar and went back to the city. She said to the people, "Come and see a man who told me everything I have ever done! He cannot be the Messiah, can he?"

God's Word of the Day
All have fallen to sin except My Son. You deserve death and hell. But I have chosen to pay the last penny with the very life of My Son, Jesus. Come and see Jesus, the Messiah. Go and tell of all He has done.

Psalm of the Day
Cheating, lying, stealing, adulterers!
We all fit the mold one way or another.
I deserve death and hell.
You know everything I have ever done.
You know my sin and my stench.
You know how rotten I am.

Yet You choose to love.
You choose to come to me.
You choose to give me life giving water.
Water that nourishes forever.
Not the bitter water of false idols.
You give the Living Water of Life.

I think I know the way and go.
But my way is not Your way.
My selfish way leads to death.
Your way leads to life.
Come to me and show me Your way.
I leave my selfish water jar behind now.

You have come and showed my Your glory.
You come to me and show me the way.
I go and tell all of You.
I go and proclaim to all to come and see.
Come and see the Messiah!
Come and see Life and Love!

Cheating, lying, stealing adulterers!
Come and see!
Turn and go!
Give your life away to Him.
Jesus fills with ever flowing, life giving water.
Jesus is Love in Flesh.

Come and see the Messiah!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You know me. You know my sin. Forgive me. Give me that life giving water. Forgive me and fill me and call me and send me to proclaim to all the world---"Come and see!" ---Amen

No comments: