Friday, February 29, 2008

February 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
There in God's garden stands the Tree of Wisdom, whose leaves hold forth the healing of the nations: Tree of all knowledge, Tree of all compassion, Tree of all beauty. ("There in God's Garden" - Text: Kiraly Imre von Pecselyi, c. 1590-c. 1641; tr. Erik Routley, 1917-1982)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 8.5-13-Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed.
Exodus 40-Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
Proverbs 18.12-24-A gift opens doors; it give access to the great.
Ephesians 5.1-9-Live as children of light-- for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true.

God's Word of the Day
My tree has existed since creation. I love you and save you. Come to me for healing and salvation. I am already with you.

Psalm of the Day
Tree of knowledge, compassion, wisdom and beauty.
Tree of healing.
Lord Jesus, you hung from the wood of this tree.
You suffered, died and opened the curtain.
Through You I come this day.
Through all You have done, I live this day.
Through all Your pain; I am healed.
You are the beacon of Light shining from the cross.
You are radiant.
Let Your Light shine in and through me.
As I approach the Tree, use me daily in Your Kingdom.
Let Your glory cover me and fill me.
Let Your cloud, permeate my heart and very soul.
Spread throughout and within all that is good and right and true.
You have spoken the Word and given all Your grace.
Tree of all healing!
My Tree! My Lord! My Savior!
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks, dear Lord, for Your compassion, wisdom and love. I give You thanks for Your healing. I give You thanks for Your suffering and dying. I give You thanks, dear Lord, for Your eternal presence and Love. I give You thanks, dear Lord, I give You thanks. ---Amen

No comments: