Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ, you lead and we shall follow, stumbling though our steps may be; one with you in joy and sorrow, we the river, you the sea, we the river, you the sea. ("Tree of Life and Awesome Mystery" - Text: Marty Haugen, b. 1950)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 3-...for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham.
Exodus 24-...and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness.
Proverbs 11-Whoever belittles another lacks sense, but an intelligent person remains silent.
Colossians 1.15-23-He is the image of the invisible, God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, wheather thrones or dominions or rulers or powers--all things have been created through him and for him. He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have first place in everything, For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the first and the last. I AM before the beginning and after the end. I hold everything together with my Love. I AM pleased to reconcile all things to Myself.

Psalm of the Day
How beautiful You are to me, my Lord and Savior!
You display a beauty surpassing description.
More beautiful than all precious stones.
More beautiful than any creature created.
I can't describe Your glory.
You are before the first and after the last.
You are beyond time and understanding.
Your feet rest on the clouds of the morning.
Your hands hold the universe.
You lead and guide with grace and honor.
You bring forth fountains of joy and laughter.
Your voice thunders throughout the universe.
Your Light shines through the darkness.
You bring life to the stones.
Out of death comes life.
Out of life comes love.
Out of Love comes salvation.
All honor, glory and praise are Yours.
You are the source of all pleasure.
How beautiful You are to me, my Lord and Savior!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, accept, I pray my honor and praise and pleasure in seeing You each day. ---Amen

No comments: