Saturday, February 16, 2008

February 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Through the days of waiting, watching, in the desert of our sin, searching on the far horizon for a sign of cloud or wind, we await the healing waters of our Savior's victory. ("As the Sun with Longer Journey" - Text:John Patrick Earls, OSB, b. 1935)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 11.22-40-By faith...Yet all these, though they were commended for their faith, did not recieve what was promised, since God had provided something better so that they would not, apart from us, be made perfect.
Exodus 15-I will sing to the LORD, for he has trimphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea.
Proverbs 6.1-7.5-My child, keep my words and store up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live, keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers, write them on the tablet of your heart.
Psalm 121-I lift up my eyes to the hills--- from where will my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

God's Word of the Day
I heal, rescue, and save you in the desert of your sin. You need me. I am your source of help.

Psalm of the Day
As I walk through this desert of sin, I turn to You, oh Lord.
I am drowning in my sin and need You.
Only You can save me from myself.
Only You can save me from sin.
Open the waters and show me the path.
Give me the courage to step out in faith.
In faith fulfilled by Your action of grace.
Your action of grace, when You came down.
Came down to rescue all from sin.
Came down to die to live.
Came down to save us.

And I turn and see Your action.
I see what You have done.
I praise Your name and give You the glory.
You are my help in this desert.
You, the maker of heaven and earth.
The God of all has rescued His people.
You have sent us on a journey.
Lead me with Your love.
Let me show Your love and compassion on this journey through the wilderness.
Let me trust and follow Your lead.
For You have provided, Jesus, something better, something perfect!

As I walk through this desert of sin, I turn to You, oh Lord.
And I turn and see Your action.

Prayer of the Day
In my desert walk, I turn to You and see Your action on that cross. I give You all the glory, honor and praise, my God, my Savior. ---Amen

No comments: