Friday, February 08, 2008

February 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
So daily dying to the way of self, so daily living in your way of love, we walk the road, Lord Jesus, that you trod, knowing ourselves baptized into your death: so we are dead and live with you in God. ("Eternal Lord of Love, Behold Your Church" - Text: Thomas H. Cain, 1931-2003)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 4.14-6.12-Although he was a Son, he learned obedience through what he suffered...
Genesis 49-50-Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good, in order to preserve a numerous people, as he is doing today.
Psalm 39-Deliver me from all my transgressions.
Romans 1.8-17-For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith...

God's Word of the Day
I died for you. I have taught you how to die to self. I will give you live.

Psalm of the Day
I think on my baptism.
I think about that washing.
I think about being covered in Your gracious water.
I think about daily death to myself and sin.
I think about how You cleanse me in Grace.
I think about how You wash me in Love.
I think about the Trinity.
I think and You provide gifts for service.
I think of how I was baptized in Your death.
I die to myself.
I die to sin because of You.
I die.

I am given Life in death.
I am given Love out of sin.
I am given Fruits of the Spirit.
I am forgiven and changed.
I am forgiven and renewed.
I am forgiven and called.
I am called and sent.

Pain turned into good.
Suffering turned into perseverance.
Death turned into Life.

How happy Your gospel makes me.
How proud I am to be Your child.
How joyful I am to serve You.
How I want to run and jump and play with and for You in Your Kingdom!

I think on my baptism.
I ponder You.

Prayer of the Day
Today, Lord I think and ponder in joy, my baptism and I think and ponder in joy about You. ---Amen

No comments: