Monday, February 04, 2008

February 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
As we worship, grant us vision, till you love's revealing light in its height and depth and greatness dawns upon our quickened sight, making known the needs and burdens your compassion bids us bear, stirring us to ardent service, your abundant life to share. ("Lord, Whose Love in Humble Service" - Text:Albert F. Bayly, 1901-1984)

Readings of the Day
Luke 24.13-53-Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter into his glory?
Genesis 44-What can we say to my lord? What can we speak? How can we clear oursleves? God has found out the guilt of your servants...
Psalm 35-Then my soul shall rejoice in the LORD, exulting in his deliverance.
Exodus 33.7-23-Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend.

God's Word of the Day
Let's go for a walk. I have something to tell You.

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, my Friend, come near, I pray.
Come near and speak Your Word to me.
Speak that I may understand.
Speak that I may hear.
You show compassion.
You step out and act in love.
I see how my sin made Your suffering necessary.
Forgive me, my Friend.
Forgive my selfishness and pride.
Forgive my lack of love and compassion.
Forgive my sin.
Only You can clear my sin.
Only You can do this.
As Your expressed love is real.
So make my response to that love real.
Permit me to serve others in love and compassion.
Permit me to proclaim Your love and grace.
Permit me to work with You in Your Kingdom.
Permit me to do Your will and follow Your way.
Allow me to serve You.
Jesus, my Friend, come near, I pray.

Prayer of the Day
My Friend, let's walk together and let me learn from You. Show me the way and teach me Your Love that I may serve You in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: