Wednesday, February 06, 2008

February 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Though parched and hungry, yet you prayed and fixed your mind above; so teach us to deny ourselves that we may know God's love. ("O Lord, throughout These Forty Days" - Text: based on Claudia F. Hernaman, 1838-1898; para. Gilbert E. Doan Jr., b. 1930)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 2-For the one who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father.
Genesis 46.28-47.31-Buy us and our land in exchange for food.
Psalm 37-Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6.1-6, 16-21-For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

God's Word of the Day
I AM your treasure. You are My treasure. We are united.

Psalm of the Day
I love You, Lord Jesus.
You denied Yourself and gave Yourself for me.
I deny myself and give myself to You.
You bought my life and gave me life.
You give life through Your body and blood.
You give me the food of Life in the Bread and Wine.
In Your Life I delight.
In this life You have given, I find all the treasure I need.
You are my treasure.
I love You, Lord Jesus.

Prayer of the Day
I know my mortality. I know of decay. I know of my sin and failure. I turn to You, Lord. I turn and am humbled in Your presence. You are my treasure and my source of life. In You I take delight and trust and hope for deliverance. Forgive my sin, fill me with life and send me to work in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: