Thursday, February 28, 2008

February 28th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Now behold the Lamb, the precious Lamb of God, who bore all my sin, that I may live again: the precious Lamb of God. ("Now Behold the Lamb" - Text: Kirk Franklin, b. 1970)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 8.1-4-Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.
Exodus 39-When Moses saw that they had done all the work just as the LORD had commanded, he blessed them.
Proverbs 18.1-11-The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.
Ephesians 4.25-32-Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.

God's Word of the Day
Prepare the tabernacle for the presence of the Lamb. I AM the Lamb who bore your sin. Prepare the tabernacle of your heart.

Psalm of the Day
I take joy in the commands You give.
I work dutifully to fulfill Your desire.
In joy I respond to Your Love.
In joy I respond to You.

You are the Lamb of God.
You bore my sin.
You became my sin.
Only through You can I live again.

You chose to make me clean.
You chose to rescue the lost.
You chose me.
You are the precious Lamb of God.

You teach Love.
Put away anger and bitterness.
Put away wrangling and slander.
Forgive others as You have forgiven.

You are my strong tower.
You are the great I AM.
You are my safe place.
You are!

The tabernacle of my heart is waiting.
My heart is open wide.
Come Lord Jesus come.
My precious Lamb of God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary for You, my precious Lamb of God. May all preparations bring You all the glory. As you prepare me and we work beside others this day, may I bring the blessings of Your kindness and love. May You touch others through me. Make me a servant of Your will and Your way and use me. How much joy you bring! ---Amen


No comments: