Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17th Daily Hymn, Reading, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Seed that in earth is dying rises to bear much fruit. Christ, as we meet at your table, give us the bread of life. Lord, we do thank and adore you! Unceasing praise of the ages rises from night and death. ("Seed That in Earth Is Dying" - Text:Svein Ellingsen, b. 1929; tr. Hedwig T. Durnbaugh, b. 1929)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 12-Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.
Exodus 16-17-Then the LORD said to Moses, "I am going to rain bread from heaven for you, and each day the people shall go out and gather enough for that day."
Proverbs 7.6-27-He is like a bird rushing into a snare, not knowing that it will cost him his life.
John 3.1-17-For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the Bread, I AM the Manna that feeds you and sustains your life each and every day. I love you and I love the world I created. I come not to condemn but to save. Run the race with Me in eternal life.

Psalm of the Dy
Jesus, in death, You created Life.
Your Love is beyond anything I can fathom.
I can't figure out why You would choose to love me.
I'm such a sinner.
Sneaking about in the midst of my sin.
Yet You come to me with open arms.
Arms outstretched even to Your death.
But then, You brought life out of sin.
You brought light out of darkness.
You died and saved me in Your love.
Oh, how You love me.
Oh, how You love this world You created.
You cause me to celebrate Your love in joy.
You have given me a joy beyond expression.
How I run and jump and play with You in this journey of eternal life.
How I run with perseverance the race You have set before me.
How I love the race!
Yes Lord! Rain down that Bread, that Manna from heaven!
Rain down and let me take You in.
Fill me with Your presence and sustain Your Life in me!

Prayer of the Day
Wow! You love me! Wow! A joy I can't express builds within me! Wow! ---Amen

No comments: