Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus keep me near the cross, there's a precious fountain; free to all, a healing stream flows from Calvery's mountain. In the cross, in the cross be my glory ever; till my ransomed soul shall find rest beyond the river. ("Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross" - Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 4-Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor...
Exodus 25-27-Then you shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two cubits and a half shall be its length, and a cubit and a half its width.
Proverbs 12-Anxiety weighs down the human heart, but a good word cheers it up.
Ephesians 2.11-22-But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

God's Word of the Day
I have made glory out of the cross. I died so you could live.

Psalm of the Day
You didn't have to do it.
The great Kingdom already belonged to You.
All creation; under Your control.
Everything, under You.
You didn't have to come down here.
But You did!
You came down and hung on a cross for me.
You suffered and died for me.
You took on the punishment that I deserved.
You made the cross into a symbol of glory.
You sat on the mercy seat of that cross and bled.
Your sweat covered body took in all the pain I deserved.
Fountains of painful water flowing at the base of that cross.
You took on my anxiety and saved me.
You gave the Word of cheer in loving forgiveness from that cross.
I was once far off from You.
But You decided to come to me and be near me.
You came near me and in me with Your blood.
You didn't have to do it.
But You did!
Thanks be to God!


Prayer of the Day
Thank You, Lord Jesus, thank You! ---Amen

No comments: