Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a weary land, a weary land; my Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a shelter in the time of storm. No one can do loke Jesus, not a mumbling word he said; he went walking down to Lazarus' grave, and he raised him from the dead. Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a weary land, a weary land; my Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a shelter in the time of storm. ("Jesus Is a Rock in a Weary Land" - Text: African American spiritual)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 2-Get up, take the child and his mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the child's life are dead.
Exodus 22-23-I am going to send an angel in front of you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.
Proverbs 10-Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
John 7.53-8.11-Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.

God's Word of the Day
I am your shelter in the storm. I guide and protect you. I cover you with My love and sustain life. Believe and follow me to the place I have prepared for you.

Psalm of the Day
You are my protection in the midst of the storm.
You send angels to guide my steps.
You give Love and cover my sin.
Lead me away from hatred.
Show me a better way.
Show me how to love the sinner.
Show me forgiveness.
Pardon my sin and bless me.
Call me and send me in Your way.
You are my protection in the midst of the storm.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, lead me, guide me, forgive me, bless me, call me, send me this day I pray. ---Amen

No comments: