Thursday, February 07, 2008

February 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Then grant, O God, that we may, too, return in fast and prayer to you. Our spirits strengthen with your grace, and give us joy to see your face. ("The Glory of These Forty Days" - Text: Latin hymn, 211th cent.; tr. Maurice F. Bell, 1862-1947, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 3.1-4.13-Indeed the word of God is living and active...
Genesis 48-...the God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day...
Psalm 38-But it is for you, O LORD, that I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.
Romans 1.1-7-Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

God's Word of the Day
Retrun to Me with prayers and fasting. I will give you grace.

Psalm of the Day
It's a struggle in this wilderness as You know.
It's a struggle with sin, death, pain and the devil.
But, I know that You know this too.
You know of the struggle.
You know of the pain.
You felt it more than I.
Through the struggle and pain.
Through the fire, I go with you.
I go with Your grace through the fire.
I go with Your grace through the wilderness.
Knowing that in the fire You refine me.
In the fire, You remove the dross.
In the fire, You see Your reflection in me.
In the fire, I wait for You to sweep me clean.
In the fire and the wilderness, You refine me.
I give thanks to You for the fire.
I give thanks to You for the wilderness.
I give thanks to You for Your presence.
I give thanks to You for Your touch.
Even in the midst of the fire.
Even in the midst of the wilderness.
I know of a hope and joy and an awesome grace.
In the fire.

Prayer of the Day
My spirit strengthens with Your grace in the midst of the fire and in the midst of the wilderness. With Your Grace I am overjoyed by the warmth of Your face. ---Amen

No comments: