Friday, February 01, 2008

February 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When our song says peace and the world says war, we will sing despite the world. We will trust the song, for we sing of God, who breaks the spear and sword and stills the storm of war. ("When Our Song Says Peace" - Text: Richard Leach, b. 1953)

Readings of the Day
Luke 23.1-25-Indeed, he has done nothing to deserve death.
Genesis 41-So Joseph stored up grain in such abundance--like the sand of the sea--that he stopped measuring it; it was beyond measure.
Psalm 32-Many are the torments of the wicked, but steafast love surrounds those who trust in the LORD.
Psalm 2-Happy are those who take refuge in him.

God's Word of the Day
Trust in Me and I will give you refuge, even in the midst of the war.

Psalm of the Day
You call me to trust You.
You call me to take refuge in You while at war.
You come to me and give me rest.
You come in peace and show a new way.
I trust You.
Your love surrounds me even now.
Your love surrounds me and gives me peace.
Even in the midst of war You are here.
You are here with abundant love for all.
You call me to trust You.
I lay all my hope, and trust in You.
I trust You.

Prayer of the Day
Your gracious love is awesome, Jesus. I trust You. ---Amen

No comments: