Saturday, February 09, 2008

February 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
For us baptized, for us he bore his holy fast and hungered sore; for us temptation sharp he knew; for us the tempter overthrew. ("Oh, Love, How Deep" - Text:Thomas a Kempis, 1380-1471; tr. Benjamin Webb, 1819-1885, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Hebrews 6.13-20-We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain, where Jesus, a forerunner on our behalf, has entered, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Exodus 1-2-She name him Moses, "because," she said, "I drew him out of the water."
Psalm 40-But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
Psalm 51-Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Do no cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.

God's Word of the Day
I know what it's like to be human. I will draw you out of the water and restore you. I give hope.

Psalm of the Day
You know how it is.
You know hunger, temptation, pain, and death.
You even know of my sin.
You know of all my sin.
You see how it is and still choose to save.
You create in me something new out of death.
You draw me out of the water.
Just when I was about to die, You saved me.
You restore me and give hope.
You give an eternal hope.
My Lord, my Priest, my Savior!
You are great!

Prayer of the Day
All praise, honor, glory and power to You, my Hope and Salvation! ---Amen

No comments: