Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
For the sheep the Lamb has bled, Alleluia! sinless in the sinner's stead. Alleluia! Christ the Lord is risen on high; Alleluia! now he lives, no more to die. Alleluia! ("Christ the Lord Is Risen Today; Alleluia!" - Text: attr. Wipo of Burgundy, d.c. 1050; tr. Jame E. Leeson, 1807-1882, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 24.32-51-Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
Numbers 28-29-My offering, the food for my offerings by fire, my pleasing odor, you shall take care to offer to me at its appointed time.
Song of Solomon 8.5-14-Set me as a seal upon your heart...
Judges 6.36-40-...then I shall know that you will deliver Israel by my hand...

God's Word of the Day
Seal me into your heart. I AM the offering. Let my love overflow in your heart to all the world.

Psalm of the Day
Life comes and goes but life in You is eternal.
You are the sinless offering.
You are the Lamb that takes away all sin.
You are the pleasing odor that delivers all.
All know You by what You have done.
My heart overflows with Your sacrificial love.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
I have sealed You into my heart. You have graciously loved all of us and come into each heart. May Your Love overflow my sealed heart to all the world through me. May Your gracious water of life flow down and over and through and all around. ---Amen

No comments: