Thursday, May 01, 2008

May 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Hope blooms in a weary world when creatures, once forlorn, find wilderness reborn. Hope blooms in a weary world: the promised green of Eden comes. The trees shall clap their hands; the dry lands, gush with springs; the hills and mountains shall break forth with singing! We shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace, as all the world in wonder echoes shalom. ("Light Dawns on a Weary World" - Text: Mary Louise Bringle, b. 1953)

Readings of the Day
Acts 14-There they strengthened the souls of the disciples and encouraged them to continue in the faith, saying, "It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God."
Joshua 22-Take good care to observe the commandment and instruction that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to keep his commandments, and to hold fast to him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Job 31-Does he not see my ways, and number all my steps?
Acts 1.1-11-"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." When he said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight.


God's Word of the Day
See the cloud. The cloud that leads you through the wilderness. The cloud that leads you to Me. Receive the Spirit. Follow my commandments and teachings and serve in the world I have given you. There is Hope and Salvation in that cloud. See the Cloud.

Psalm of the Day
I see the Cloud.
I see You, my Savior, and the Cloud.
The Cloud that leads.
The Cloud that guides.
The Cloud that cannot be restrained.
The Cloud full of Spirit that permeates all creation.
Lead me, Spirit.
Teach me, Spirit.
Show me the Salvation sent from above.
Send me in action to serve in the Kingdom.
Number and guide my steps along the way.
I see the Cloud.
I see God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for teaching me with the "cloud"--- For letting me see You in daily life. For a sky of hope that surrounds all in joy. I give You thanks for Your Son. I give Your thanks for that Cloud. ---Amen

No comments: