Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
God of passion, God unsleeping, stir in us love's restlessness! Where the people cry in anguish, may we share your heart's distress. Rouse us from content with evil; claim us for your kingdom's work, claim us for your kingdom's work! ("God of Tempest, God of Whirlwind" - Text: Herman G. Stuempfle Jr., b. 1923)

Readings of the Day
Acts 19.21-41-About that time no little disturbance broke out concerning the Way.
Judges 11.34-12.15-Jephthah judged Israel for six years.
Job 40-Have you an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?
Psalm 33.12-22-Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and shield.

God's Word of the Day
I AM coming to you. I AM coming in Spirit. A powerful disturbance will break out in My Name. I AM your shield and help. Be ready for action.

Psalm of the Day
How mighty and powerful You are, Lord.
You come to us and fill us with Your Spirit.
You come in glory and fill the earth.
Your arms wraps further than east and west.
Your Love encompasses beyond the universe.

I wait and wonder.
I fear Your power.
I know You are coming.
I know You are here.
How can this be?

Give me Your Spirit.
Fill me with Your Love.
Send me in strength and power.
Call me to serve.
Move Your Love and Compassion through me.

Let the disturbance begin.
May Your glory be seen by all.
Show Your mystery and bring our hearts to curiosity.
Let the people see You and praise Your glory.
May we understand Your Word and act.

Prayer of the Day
You are mysterious, You are glorious, You are powerful, You are wonderful, You are beyond all description, You are... I give You all glory and honor. I place all my trust and hope in You alone. You are... You are my God! ---Amen

No comments: