Thursday, May 08, 2008

May 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy Spirit, love divine, glow with this heart of mine, kindle every high desire; purge me with your holy fire. ("Holy Spirit, Truth Divine" - Text:Samuel Longfellow, 1819-1892)

Readings of the Day
Acts 18-...showing by the scriptures that the Messiah is Jesus.
Judges 9-But God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the lords of Shechem; and the lords of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech.
Job 38-Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Acts 2.1-11-All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit...

God's Word of the Day
I AM the Spirit. I will fill your heart and cleanse you in the fire. I will bring the dross up and remove your sin. I AM the Creator and Redeemer and your Mighty Counselor. Be filled and go in my Name.

Psalm of the Day
Lord of all, Spirit, come to me this day.
Come to me and purge my sin in Your Holy Fire.
Remove the dross of sin from my life and make me pure.
Fill me with Your Love and Compassion.
Send me forth in Your Truth.
May Your Spirit permeate my core throughout and within.
For You were there at creation.
Moving over the waters...
Lord of all, Spirit, come to me this day.

Prayer of the Day
Spirit, I see a love so deep that even You rule over the evil spirits. Rule, to teach and instruct. Rule, to guide and counsel. Fill me this day with Your Love, so that I may serve You in Your Kingdom; today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: