Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Kyrie! God, Father in heaven above, you abound in gracious love, of all things the maker and preserver. Eleison! Eleison! Kyrie! O Christ, out King, salvation for all you came to bring. O Lord Jesus, God's own Son, our mediator at the heavenly throne: hear our cry and grant our supplication. Eleison! Eleison! Kyrie! O God the Holy Ghost, guard our faith, the gift we need the most, and bless our life's last hour, that we leave this sinful world with gladness. Eleison! Eleison! Amen. ("Kyrie! God, Father" - Text: Latin hymn, c. 1100; tr. W. Gustave Polack, 1890-1950, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 26.1-18-Why is it thought incredible by any of you that God raises the dead?
Ruth 3-4-They named him Obed; he became the father of Jesse, the father of David.
Psalm 48-He will be our guide forever.
Job 38.39-39.12-Who has let the wild ass go free?

God's Word of the Day
I came down to free you. To free you from sin, death and the devil. I became one of you. Raised from the dead, You now have My Spirit to lead and guide you in your freedom. Now go and serve me and one another in Love.

Psalm of the Day
It's funny sometimes what I read from and into Your Word.
I think I may be that wild ass You let free.
You came down through generations of people.
You came down and lived, suffered and died for us.
You came down so that we and I may go free.
Go free to serve You in Your Kingdom.
Free from this bondage of sin.
Free to know that in my sin, You have chosen to forgive me.
Free to know that through my sin, You have chosen to call me.
I know from my sin that I cannot free myself.
I'm a wild ass after all!
And You have chosen, called, and gifted me to work for You.
And now this "wild ass" goes out for You.
I go to serve and love You and others in Your Kingdom.
It's funny sometimes what I read from and into Your Word.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear Your Voice calling. Teach me Your way. Guide me today. I go in Your name. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: