Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
We all believe in one true God, who created earth and heaven, the father, who to us in love has the right of children given. He in soul and body feeds us; all we need his hand provides us; through all snares and perils leads us, watching that no harm betide us. He cares for us day and night; all things are governed by his might. ("We All Believe in One True God" - Text: Martin Luther, 1483-1546; tr. composite)

Readings of the Day
Acts 27.1-12-Sailing past it with difficulty, we came to a place called Fair Havens, near the city of Lasea.
1 Samuel 2.12-36-And the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the LORD.
Psalm 50-Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
John 14.25-26-But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.

God's Word of the Day
I created you and all that exists. I provide for all of your needs. Grow in My presence. Hear My teaching. Ponder of all that I have said to you. Then go and take action.

Psalm of the Day
As I sail through life, I stop to ponder...
Ponder all the Words You have spoken to me.
I stop and hear Your teaching.
But I also grow in Your presence.
I grow as You wish me to grow.
Build me into what You wish for me to be.
Let my will not stop Your design.
For You provide for all my needs.
You fill me with daily bread.
Nourish me with the Bread of Life.
Satisfy my with that Everlasting Water.
Teach me active Love through Your Blood and Wine.
Lead me by Your Spirit.
As I sail through life, I stop to ponder...
Stop to ponder and return all thanks.
Then I go out in Your name.
Go out in Your Love to serve and live forever.

Prayer of the Day
Thanks for life with and in You. Thanks for a wonderful sailing trip in Your presence. ---Amen

No comments: