Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lord our God, with praise we come before you. Let all nations humbly now implore you. May we endeavor to praise you ever, and ceasing never, may we forever adore you. ("Lord Our God, with Praise We Come" - Text: Petter Dass, 1647-1707; tr. Peter A Sveeggen, 1881-1959, alt.)

Readings of the Day

Romans 1.16-32-...because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator...

1 Samuel 9.1-10.16-...stop here yourself for a while, that I may make known to you the word of God.

Psalm 55-Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you...

Deuteronomy 32.1-14-May teaching drop like the rain...

God's Word of the Day

Repent of your sin. Worship Me. Stop for a moment and cast your burden of sin on me. I will rain drops of teaching into your life and call you and send you out.

Psalm of the Day

I do the evil that I don't wish to do.

I sin and do what I shouldn't.

Hear my plea, hear me repent.

Forgive my sin, Lord!

Rain on me Your drops of teaching.

Let Your ever-living water wash me clean.

Teach me the way to go.

Build in me the heart You wish for me to have.

Send me out to serve in Your Kingdom.

Send me out to point to You.

Prayer of the Day

I can commit some awful sins. I stand in need of forgiveness. Forgive me Lord as I seek the forgiveness of my neighbor. Teach me Your way. Send me out in Your Truth and Love. ---Amen







No comments: