Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
God, whose farm is all creation, take the gratitude we give; take the finest of our harvest, crops we grow that we may live. ("God, Whose Farm Is All Creation" - Text: John Arlott, 1914-1991)

Readings of the Day
Romans 5-But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us.
1 Samuel 14-...so he extended the staff that was in his hand, and dipped the tip of it in the honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes brightened.
Psalm 59-But I will sing of your might; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
Romans 9.6-13-This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God. but the children of the promise are counted as descendants.

God's Word of the Day
You have been baptized and named My child. I have saved you from sin and death through My Son. I will brighten your eyes with the Food of Life that you may sing morning by morning of My steadfast Love.

Psalm of the Day
I was born a sinner.
Born a sinner and of the flesh.
Yet You saw to save me from my sinful self.
You saw to save me and call my Your child.
You called me and blessed me.
You brighten my eyes daily with the food of Your Word.
You strengthen me through the Bread and the Wine of Life.
You gave Your Life for my life.
In response, I sing praise to You.
For You are my God.
You are my Savior.
I was born a sinner.
Yet You saw to save me.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
I give You all thanks and glory morning by morning. I sing praise to You. ---Amen

No comments: